The biggest challenge with making a Greek Salad is keeping the lettuce crisp. For this reason, it all comes together at the last minute while plating. What I love about Greek Salad, besides the feta cheese, is you really don’t need conventional salad dressing. I use Alaska Spice Shop’s Ultima Frontiera Spice Blend and fresh squeezed lemon juice and avoid the salad dressing all together.
Time Estimate – 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
- 4 cups organic Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups organic mixed greens lettuce
- 5 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 tsp of fresh oregano
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup slices roasted red peppers (they come in a jar)
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers (they come in a jar)
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fine chopped red onions.
- 2 tsp Ultima Frontiera Spice Blend
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Thin slice the basil leaves and mix them and the fresh oregano with the two lettuces in a large bowl
- Mix into the greens one tsp of the Ultima frontier and the lemon juice.
- Peel the cumber and dice into 1 inch chunks
- Cut the tomatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Mix the tomatoes, cukes, roasted red peppers and pepperoncini’s together in a bowl. Mix in one tsp of the Ultima Frontiera Spice Blend.
- Just before serving, mix the feta into the tomato/cuke/pepper mix.
- Plate the greens in individual servings, then add in the tomato/cuke/pepper/feta mixture on top.
- Let people put on the chopped onions if they want.