I aspire to make banana nut bread far more often than I do. Bananas get to the ready-for-banana bread stage before I know it. Because someday I’m going to make banana bread, the brown bananas find their way to their interim resting zone – the freezer, where they live for about a year before they make it into the garbage.
I finally made someday today for making banana nut bread using sprouted grain flour.
Bowl, spoon, 9 inch loaf pan.
- 1 1/2 cups milled sprouted soft white wheat berries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Mix the wet ingredients
- Combine the two, mixing until just blended.
- Let sit for 5 min while prepping the loaf pan with spray grease.
- Spoon into the loaf pan
- Cook for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for ten minutes
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack
- Slice into 1 inch sections.
- Once cooled, in baggies in the fridge or freezer you’re depending on how quickly you will eat it.