I made these to go with the White Chili and tried a new muffin insert to let the muffins rise better.
Makes 12 muffins
12 muffin cup muffin tin.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 1/2 cup white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cup sprouted soft red wheat berries (it has less gluten and is better for quick breads)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Spray grease (I prefer avocado oil or organic ghee)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Cook corn, drain, and mix into dry ingredients
- Mix wet ingredients
- Gently add wet ingredients to dry ingredients – mixing until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Let batter rest at least ten minutes and until little bubbles form in it.
- Fill muffin cups at least 3/4 full (use all the batter in the 12 muffin cups) – mine filled the muffin cups to the top but I was also using the tall muffin inserts.
- Cook at 400 F for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Cool ten minutes in muffin tins then put on rack to finish cooling