This is one of my favorite salads when nectarines are in season. It’s so simple as I usually have all the ingredients at the ready. This recipe makes 2 – 3 servings depending on your appetite.
- 1 cup cooked Organic Sprouted Brown Rice – I cook this in my pressure cooker – four cups of sprouted brown rice using 8 cups of my pre-made bone broth. I store it in the freezer in 16-ounce containers.
- 1 smoked organic chicken thigh – I have started making these 8 at a time as they are so good for quick meals. I salt them a day ahead of time and then smoke them at 220 until the internal temp is 165 (usually takes 2 – 3 hours). They store in the fridge for 4 days and I usually freeze half of them for a quick meal later.
- 1 organic nectarine – Dice this into 1/2 inch chunks.
- 1 stalk of organic celery – Dice into 1/2 inch or smaller pieces.
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts – Diced into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
- 1/3 cup organic mayonaisse
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
Season – Since I pre-make the rice and the smoked chicken, they are often salted to my preference as part of their cooking process so I don’t add any salt to this salad until it all comes together. It usually doesn’t need any extra salt.